|Founder||Mohammad Reza Pahlavi|
|Mohammadreza Nematzadeh (Minister of Industry)
Gholamreza Shafeei (President)
Mansour Mo’azzami (Chairman of IDRO Group)
|Products||Automobiles, Vehicles, Engines, Oil, Gas, Energy, Machinery, Agriculture, Mines, Metals, Research, Training, Aviation, Banking, Trade, Health care, Railway, Management, Technology, Investment|
|Revenue||US$ 17 billion (2009)|
|Profit||US$ 1.486 billion (2009)|
|Total assets||US$ 45.766 billion (2009)|
The Industrial Development & Renovation Organization of Iran (IDRO) known as IDRO Group was established in 1967 in Iran. IDRO Group is one of the largest companies in Iran. It is also one of the largest conglomerates in Asia. IDRO’s objective is to develop Iran’s industry sector and to accelerate the industrialization process of the country and to export Iranian products worldwide. Today, IDRO owns 117 subsidiaries and affiliated companies both domestically as well as internationally.
In the course of its 40 years of activity, IDRO has gradually become a major shareholder of some key industries in Iran. In recent years and in accordance with the country’s privatization policy, IDRO has made great efforts to privatize its affiliated companies. While carrying on its privatization policies and lessening its role as a holding company, IDRO intends to concentrate on its prime missions and to turn into an industrial development agency. IDRO has focused its activities on the following areas in order to materialize such strategy and to expedite the industrial development of Iran:
- Promotion of local and foreign investments with minority holdings owned by IDRO (less than 50% of the shares) with particular emphasis on new, hi-tech and export-oriented industries.
- Restructuring the existing industries through participation of reputable foreign companies in order to transfer new technologies and to enhance the non-oil exports of Iran.
- Development of general contracting activities with the participation of the Iranian private sector and credible foreign companies.
- Rendering consultancy and support services to foreign investors.
- Privatization of the existing subsidiaries.
- Industrial Investment
- Management Development
- Automotive Industry
- Industrial Equipment Machinery
- Marine Industry
- Railway Industry
- Hi-Tech Industries Development
- General Contracting
- Health care